Ratchet, I need your help. Orvus is in trouble. You must go to Zanifar and confront Nefarious.Clank, ACiT
Zanifar? Nefarious hasn't set foot on that rock since his station was completed two years ago.Azimuth, ACiT
Zanifar was a planet in the Breegus System of the Polaris Galaxy. Its weather varied from sunny to snowy as shown when Ratchet traveled through time. It was inhabited by the fongoids, who were concentrated in the Tombli Outpost. The planet had many oil derricks, and had once been a vegetated area. Nefarious continued his Fongoid kidnapping on the planet as well, he also created the Tombli Barrier to stop ships from reaching the planet.
In Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, Zanifar was the planet on which Nefarious' asteroid crash-landed, after the final boss fight.
Zanifar had a temperate climate with cold, snowy winters and warm summers with evening thunderstorms.
- Vine Seeds were known to grow in the area.
- It was called Tobolia, but was renamed Zanifar.
- The present takes place during winter, while the past takes place during summer. This was most likely done to emphasize the change that the area had undergone.
- It is possible that the "Zanifarian Death Weasel" mentioned in Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction originated from this planet.
- The original name for the Tomboli Outpost was The Klunk Memorial Day Spa and Resort. However, after several legal battles with Klunk's lawyers, the name was changed.
- Zanifar was a popular Spring Break location.
Notes and references
- When talking to a Fongoid, he states that the bolt crank rusted up in last nights thunderstorm.