Can you fix the wiki navigation so that any broken links are either removed or fixed? I've just clicked on the Contributing>Maintenance>Expansion required link in the navigation which leads to the deleted page :Category:Stub. Having broken links in the navigation doesn't seem that good to me. Matthew Cenance (talk) 21:40, November 15, 2017 (UTC)
Don't make edits on other users pages without further notice, as you recently did on mine. I'm aware it was a minor fix about the admin part, but it's preferable you warn them before any edits. Thanks. Torta de Limão (talk) 20:06, February 4, 2018 (UTC)
Hi! I was recently playing Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, and I heard Qwark telling a story to one of the Fongoid Children. He mentions spending three days in a zoo fighting something called "Jackelopes". I was wondering if I could add this to his biography, and possibly make a page for Jackelopes?TheGoatPresident(Talk) 19:08, March 03, 2018
Yo, how's everything going? Sorry I've gone dark, I lost a lot of interest in Ratchet & Clank a while back so I have not felt motivated to edit here (that along with life and adminship on other wikis). From the looks of things you've really spruced up the place, thank you.Doc Nef (talk) 23:55, May 18, 2018 (UTC)
Regarding my behaviour last year
Hi, Tim H.
I just wanted to apologize for my rude behaviour in 2017. I was too attached to the wiki and was upset when you made changes that I didn’t agree with. It was wrong of me. I enjoyed contributing to this wiki, and I’m glad to see your improving it. Affirmation talk contribs 05:08, June 12, 2018 (UTC)
Np. Tim H - Talk 14:38, June 15, 2018 (UTC)
- Hi. You forgot a colon for indentation. I would correct it, but I’m not sure if I’m allowed to do that here. I vaguely recall being criticized by an administrator here, but I’m not sure. I couldn’t find anything about it on the guideline page, though. Affirmation talk contribs 20:35, June 15, 2018 (UTC)
- Proof?-- Technobliterator TC 21:43, June 16, 2020 (UTC)
- How is this suppose to help exactly?TopGun1986 (talk) 22:16, June 16, 2020 (UTC)
So uh, why the undos on the deceased characters category? I fail to see why it had to be taken down since the game series has got quite a few dead characters in it, and frankly this is one of the very few wikis I've been to that doesn't have a deceased category, so what's the issue? —Preceding unsigned comment was added by Gman123 (talk · contribs). Please sign your posts with ∼∼∼∼!
Someone being dead or not isn't noteworthy enough to categorize a character over, much like how we wouldn't categorize alive characters, or based on their sex, species, homeworld, etc. Tim H (talk) 10:46, 1 November 2020 (UTC)
It's not like the characters in this series are immortal, Insomniac's not afraid to kill characters off and the fact that we've seen that happen to major characters now should at least be considered. Categories are meant to be used for people who are interested in looking at specific type of pages. let's say someone wanted to know or at least be reminded of the deaths so far for this series, why make them search through every character for clarification if we can just have a category for them? Gman123 (talk) 11:05, 1 November 2020 (UTC)
Yes and we decided not to create such arbitrary categories. Ultimately the wiki can't service every possible type of inquiry on a specific status for all characters, or species, or locations, and as such we won't at all. Another good reason against a deceased category specifically is that they're inherently spoilerific in nature, and with them being visible at the top of pages not exactly something easily avoided. p.s. adding the categories anyway isn't helpful at all either. Tim H (talk) 11:25, 1 November 2020 (UTC)
I find that to be an insufficient reason: "too spoilery." I mean come on, you're meant to put information like that on wiki pages whether its in the bio or the role in a certain game. every single wiki has spoilers on character pages that isn't just about death, and it's for the purpose of describing their character, that's nothing new. Also what's that arbitrary element to it? Numerous wikis use a deceased category so I highly doubt that's simply a random whim, and secondly we got a fair amount to add to that number, it's not like we only got one or two pages we can add that to. Gman123 (talk) 19:53, 1 November 2020 (UTC)
True, but it's only an additional reason. And what other wikis do is not relevant to the R&C Wiki. Tim H (talk) 21:16, 1 November 2020 (UTC)
- "Too spoilery is perfectly sufficient given there's an enormous difference between reading through a page and learning about the topic vs. being spoiled immediately at the start.
- More to the point, a "deceased" category is completely arbitrary because that defeats the purpose of a category. A category exists to tell you what type of page it is, ergo, "Characters in Going Commando" tells you it's a character page that concerns Going Commando. "Deceased characters" tells you nothing about the type of page except a small piece of info (which btw we sometimes don't even know for certain, deceased characters come back from the dead all the time) that should be learned from reading the article, and nothing about the type of article.
- Lastly, "other wikis do it" has never held water with any of us. "Other wikis" do a lot of (really bad) things that we would never consider here (Trivia sections, subpages, creating pages for minor topics).≈-- Technobliterator TC 21:41, 1 November 2020 (UTC)
I'm sorry, I just find your first statement to be way off considering a fair amount of deceased characters are stated to have been killed in the first one or two paragraphs of their character page, so adding a category like the one I put in should not be raising any concerns in the first place. Not only that, why in the world are you saying it's perfectly sufficient, it in no way holds water to how pages including the ones on this wiki work because the fact of the matter is everything stated on the page is a spoiler one way or another, heck even finding a page about a character from the game is technically a spoiler if it wasn't promoted. As for your second statement, I'm not going much into that because my argument is simple: Deceased characters tell you who has died to viewers and therefore it does tell you something, I fail to see why you think it HAS to be a conflict of reasoning. As for your third statement, I'm not gonna argue with your structuring methods since you do you, but if there's a tad bit of irony in those methods in which I chose to act upon and yet you still decided to take it down, that's when I wanna question it. Gman123 (talk) 22:51, 1 November 2020 (UTC)
Yes, they can learn the spoiler from reading the page, not learn it before they even get to the pages' content. And no, "deceased" tells you nothing about the type of article it is (i.e. the important thing here) which is what categories are supposed to be for. I'm not sure what you meant with your last point, but we are within rights to revert changes that were made with no prior discussion if we feel said changes do not live up to the quality standards of the wiki.-- Technobliterator TC 00:06, 2 November 2020 (UTC)
Hello there! I'm Nightsilver, but you can call me Julia. I'll be taking over for SlyCooperFan1 as Wiki Representative, the new name for Wiki Manager. Do you have any questions you need answering? You can message me via Council, shoot a message on my talk page, or on my Discord at Silverwing#9457. Let me know what works!
Hello! I saw you were the most recently active admin on the wiki I would like to know if I would allowed to submit a revision mark-up for the Rift Apart page while it's protected. The mark-up would exclusively be pre-existing information (with some very light corrections to what's present), just with some refinements to a lot of the text, which, at least to me, seems a little bit dated or poorly worded. If this isn't possible or you just wanna wait until the game comes out to make things prettier, that's A-OK with me, just offering to help, is all. Take care.
- Yup this is pretty much how to handle content for locked pages; if anyone does have (substantial) improvements they can present them in a sandbox. Just whip something up in your sandbox and we'll take a look at it. You can also join the Discord server (invite is in the navigation at the top) if you want quicker replies/proof-reading and so on. Keep in mind with the State of Play update just now it'll probably be expanded shortly by the other admin: Techno. Tim H (talk) 21:25, 29 April 2021 (UTC)