1,994 Pages

The Mootator is a weapon manufactured by Gadgetron in Size Matters. It is a weapon that fires a continuous beam that can transform enemies into cows that explode upon reaching enemies. The weapon is obtained by completing the Clank Challenges on the Dayni Moon. With use, it upgrades to the Armoogeddon at V4, which transforms enemies into bulls and cows; one bull can exist at a time, while the rest are transformed into cows.

The Armoogeddon was created as a result of the great "Mad Cow" Scare, a major ecological disaster that occurred on Tracitus IX. Following the incident, Gadgetron took the misshapen prion protein and implemented it into the gene patterns reconfigured by the weapon. The resulting mutant bovines became unnaturally aggressive as a result.[1]

Characteristics

The Mootator is a black and red, round pistol that fires a continuous beam. It reconfigures DNA at the molecular level, replacing up to 96.8% of the target with bovine DNA. The remaining 3.2% are assigned strains of explosive genes from hand grenades, TNT, smart bombs, and nuclear warheads, depending on the level of the weapon.[2]

The Armoogeddon is a long pistol with bull horns on the end and fires a blue and orange ray to transform enemies to bulls.

Combat

The Mootator slowly morphs enemies into cows by firing a continuous ray. The cows are explosive and will destroy enemies when approaching them. This makes the Mootator most effective when used on small enemies that will transform faster, allowing these transformed cows to then damage larger enemies. Early on, it is effective against the were-sheep on Dayni Moon, but immediately outclassed in the following level, Inside Clank, meaning it must be upgraded quickly or it becomes obsolete until challenge mode, where it once again becomes effective on the weak enemies encountered early on.

The Armoogeddon transforms one enemy into an aggressive mutant bull that slowly waddles to an enemy before exploding. This is a flat upgrade to the weapon, improving its ability to damage opponents, and it will not alter the way it is used. The Armoogeddon remains useful in challenge mode, particularly when upgraded to the Titan version, with less of a harsh decline in effectiveness against later enemies.

Citations

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.