The Map-o-Matic, occasionally spelled Map-o-matic or Map-O-Matic, is an item in the Ratchet & Clank series. It is an illegal expansion to existing map technology that locates valuable items and hidden locations using Hypermatic signals. This allows the player to find hidden items.
In Going Commando, the Megacorp manufactured Mapper can be obtained, with identical functionality, after Megacorp Advisory speculated one could be found to replace Ratchet's Map-o-Matic that was destroyed in battle. In Tools of Destruction, A Crack in Time and Into the Nexus, the identical Treasure Mapper can be obtained, which uses space pirate technology.
Ratchet & Clank
Up Your Arsenal
In Up Your Arsenal, the Map-o-Matic is given to Ratchet after completing Operation: URBAN STORM, the Galactic Rangers operation taking place on Metropolis, after all the Rangers chipped in to give Ratchet a gift. It can locate titanium bolts, sewer crystals and collectible trophies.
In Rift Apart, the Map-o-Matic can locate all collectibles, including gold bolts, armor pieces, spybots, and Lorbs. The only items it cannot locate are CraiggerBears. The Map-o-Matic is obtained in the Pirate Base, Ardolis, for completing the side mission "Treasure Hunt".
- Video games
- Insomniac Games (2002). Ratchet & Clank [Game]. PlayStation 2. Sony Interactive Entertainment.
- Insomniac Games (2004). Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal. PlayStation 2. Sony Interactive Entertainment.
- High Impact Games (2007). Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters. PlayStation Portable. Sony Interactive Entertainment.
- Insomniac Games (2016). Ratchet & Clank [Game]. PlayStation 4. Sony Interactive Entertainment.
- Insomniac Games (2021). Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. PlayStation 5. Sony Interactive Entertainment.